Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
– Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
– Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
– Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
– Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
– Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
– Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.